What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your NowSquare user ID and password (if applicable)
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer's domain name and IP address, indicating
where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can 'talk' to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of NowSquare, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Information we collect
Strictly necessary cookies
Generic data and cookies
For NowSquare user accounts we only store an email address for login purposes and a way to recover lost passwords. We will not sell or rent these email addresses to a third party. We use these email addresses to occasionally update users with NowSquare related product and service information, or other important issues related to the service users registered for.
Visitors can register and login on the NowSquare website to use our free Nearby Notification service. In case
remember me is checked when logging in, a cookie is set to automatically log you in the next time you visit our website.
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
||2 hours||Used to prevent cross site forgery attacks on forms. Doesn't contain any personally identifiable information.|
||2 hours||Cookie used to identify a session instance by ID. Doesn't store personally identifiable information, is to ensure the working of our website.|
NowSquare uses 2Checkout to process payments for products and services. We don't store any user related information on our side.
NowSquare uses Google Analytics to measure and improve the performance of our site; for research and development purposes; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
gtag.js and analytics.js set the following cookies:
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this
cookie will be named
||30 seconds to 1 year||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Learn more.|
NowSquare uses Mailchimp to send out newsletters.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the NowSquare website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against "malware" (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 16 years old to use NowSquare's Web site(s) and service(s). NowSquare does not knowingly collect information from children under 16.
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing NowSquare!